How Much Wood

I'm late with the annual wood cutting chore.  Certainly I am earlier than last year when I was tunnelling through a kilometre of four foot deep snow to find the cut up wood that was somewhere under a white expanse.
 This wood shed and three more like it need to be filled to see us comfortably through the next six months of winter.

 Due to some cardiac issues it isn't an option for me to lug heavy rounds of wood around.  The skid-steer helps with that option.  I've tried loading it with the pallet forks and then dropping it into a saw buck but have found that it makes it just as easy to cut it on the forks.  Being careful, of course, to avoid saw parts and metal forks!
I have the green house growing. But need to make some weather proofing amendments to see us through the white times.  The Swiss Chard, Basil and Tomatoes are doing great:
 

All the leaves are gone.  We've even had a couple of inches of snow.  But it didn't last.  It will take at least another couple of weeks to get the rest of the wood we will need.

Looking up the driveway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Back!

We've Sprung a Leak