Cold Weather Gardening



This is a picture Jo-Ann took at 7 a.m. this morning. She says it was a degree colder when she first noticed it. She put the furnace on which means it was fairly nippy in the house too. According to my calendar it's the end of June. Walking outside rates a light jacket or heavy insulated shirt.

Yet the grass still grows. I see a profusion of wild strawberries everywhere and camomile starting to turn areas of the pastures white.

No wonder the tumbler tomatoes in the hanging baskets don't seem to be doing well. It think today they come down and go in the tire garden for a warm vacation.

This weekend I am going to go on a hike to the North East corner of the property as I haven't seen it yet. A neighbor tells me there is another gravel pit there. I can always use that stuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Much Wood

I'm Back!

We've Sprung a Leak