In a Pickle

A friend of ours garden has reached harvest time and due to health reasons he's been unable to do his preserving this year.  He has a very prolific garden that he has worked on for years.  Really an inspiration and the fellow that gave me the idea of getting a green house operating.
Can't be beet.
 So we have been harvesting before it all goes to waste.
Bounty from the Earth.
 And yesterday I had my first pickling lesson!
Batch number one!
What a thrill.  It's something I have been wanting to do for quite some time.  We have a cold storage system, and a couple of freezers but there's certainly an attraction to making canned preserves.  Actually one of these days I am going to use real cans.  As they stand up better to life in a Boler trailer.  But for now I am pouring over recipe books and a good friend is giving me hands on lessons.
Sometimes this Gardening thing goes to my head.

Hope your having a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Much Wood

We've Sprung a Leak

I'm Back!