I finished the painting job so now have some time to play wi--er work in the yard. My brother Tom came up and dropped a bobcat off for us to use. He makes it look easy. When I use it it's a little more jerky operation but I am starting to get the hang of it. It can sure move a lot more snow in an hour than I can with the snowblower or shovel. It's down to -14c here and we certainly have the furnace going all the time. I am hopeing it snows some more to cover up all the dirt that I dug up while practicing with the Bobcat.

Here's a video of Tiny showing me how a pro uses the BobCat. Actually it really shouldn't be called a BobCat as that's a trade name for a similar machine. I guess calling it a Case Skid Steer while more accurate, isn't that helpful tho. He's moving the snow away from the blue shed so I can get at it to make some repairs.

In the vidio you can see the service stack being removed from the snow. We found out why the stack came down when we inspected the wall. It was all dry rotted around the stack. Any pressure on it at all would have brought it down. It was just a matter of when. I have the roof supported with some beams inside while I figure out how big a job it is to reclaim my shop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Much Wood

I'm Back!

We've Sprung a Leak