And here's the "Huh" part. On the way home I stopped at my brothers place and parked next to two sets of cross country skies and poles. The looked like they were in excellent shape. "You want 'em" he said. A friend had given them to him a day before. So now I have a set of cross country skies - with absolutely no idea how to use them. Won't be long before I get a chance to learn however.
I haven't been exactly knocking off the late fall's "Get ready for Winter project list", either.
- Get the Yard ready for winter
- Garden Equipment shed
- Equipment shed ( for the skid steer)
- Winterize windows ( Plastic inserts for all the windows)
- Blue Shed conversion to Chicken House
- Winterize Chicken Tractor
- Anti skid front stairs
- Emergency Power System. Auto Generator.
- Wood Elevator
- Replace Living room Metal Stanchions with a Burl.
Hard to do that from my easy chair. But I started yesterday with some small stuff from the 2do list ones and today I am almost back to 100%. Thank God for anti-biotics - among other things.
Were in the fall fog season, and have had continual day long fog for five days now. Today it seems to be lifting and there is a strange bright orb in the Southern sky. Fortuitously it's the start of yard clean up day.