The "ReTired" Garden



My friend Carol was asking about the tire garden. Amazing considering we had a couple of weeks of -20c and below. I think the cold has killed off the greens but today when I opened up a couple of them I found that it was +10c and the greens were thawed out. The chucks sure love 'em.



In our other garden near the chicken run the cabbage seems to be doing quite nicely under the snow.

Surprisingly hardy is lettuce. I think a fall planting will keep us in greens well into October.

Another option I have considered is lighting and heating the tires. In effect miniature green houses. As soon as the snow goes we will be trenching for water and power to the rest of the tires we will be putting in. Around a hundred of them.

One of my favorite places is a bench on the South side of the red shed. Nice place to sit ( on a piece of closed cell foam..) and contemplate the view towards the south and highway 16.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Much Wood

I'm Back!

We've Sprung a Leak