Monday, May 12, 2008

Slip Slidin Away

I found another place in the yard that I can't park in for a while. Fortunatly Tom was here with the excavator so he pulled me out. Then when he was scrapping the mess down he almost got stuck. Jeez I don't have anything that could pull the excavator out. Must be a spring right between the two sheds. Now that reminds me. A fellow got stuck in the field the auction was in and when I went to pull him out with my Toyota people were giving him a hard time. Little dinky Toyota pulling out the big F350. I guess I better go get my camera..etc. Well the guy was appreciative when I did pull him out with no problem.
this is the view of the back side of the "Red Shed". It used to be red anyway. Minus the shed roof over the combine and it will form the New Tire Garden Greenhouse, chicken shed and garden tool shed. Theres a sink you might notice in the picture. It is going over to the new Tire Garden. Nice to have running water and power at the garden.

Well the " solar panel setup" turned out to be a bust. Crappy little 15 watt panels that someone managed to string together to some dubious old cat batterys. A lot of people were interested but I didn't stick around long enough to see what it went for. Too much for too little I think. I managed to pick up a box of plumbing supplies which contained a bunch of never used brass valves - for 10 bucks. I purchased a 3/4 " brass shut off valve and it was over twenty bucks. Today we needed four 3/4" plastic "tees" and lo and behold there they were in the box. Saved a buck and a half a piece. We also picked up four eight foot metal gates. We have some spots already picked out for them. I hadn't brought my trailer but our neighbors, the Reads, brought them back for us which saved us a couple of hours and two ferry rides. Auctions are funny things. Some stuff goes for dirt prices and some stuff goes for practically new store bought prices.

Well time to go and pump out part of the trench. It rained pretty heavy yesterday and the parts we left open for the valve risers has turned into a swimming pool.

We got most of the plumbing in except for a 50 foot run to the house connection. I won't do that untill I dig around the house to put in the water proofing/insullation.

Nice to be seeing the downside of this project. Now to plant. Ok, just a few connections first..and a yard sink, and filter and..

No comments: