Snake Heads

We rarely see them here. This is one we found on our walk the other day. Ignored by the doggies. The other sunny day. More on that later.
It's been raining heavily for the last four days. Today we have a weather warning posted for our area about heavy rain. I can look out the window and see that. Welcome to sunny July in Endako.. Ah well, a great excuse for shop work. And getting the Linux network up and running. Now all our machines, including My Mac Pro have Linux on them. Our print server is Fedora 11 and the rest a mixture of Ubuntu Jaunty and Kubuntu. I run Linux on Vmware Fusion on my Mac and dual boot our working machines with Vista and Xp. I suppose I will have to install Win 7 on a partition also - but don't get me started..

This was a treat for us a day ago:

We have half a dozen tires of strawberries that I got from a friend of mine. They seem to really like the heat up against the shop. They went very nicely with my stab at Lemon Halibut. Not a 100 mile diet, but the Spinach and Strawberries were from our garden and the Halibut from Prince Rupert.

for a look at what a real haul of strawberries looks like check out my friend, Carol's blog.
We made the most of the last Sunny day we had a couple of days ago and made the back steps a little more Croc secure:
Cleo is intently interested in something in the shop:

So far I haven't been able to get Jo-Ann to fall down them to test it out. But it is pretty skookum.

Comments

Walter Jeffries said…
I see that you have a boot grate. We designed that into our cottage too. It makes a world of difference at keeping the home clean in mud seasons.
Art Blomquist said…
I am looking for another piece so that I can have one at the bottom of the stairs so Mud doesn't get tracked up the stairs..
Yeoman said…
It's been raining buckets here too, and there's rattlesnakes out everywhere. I wouldn't have connected the two, but we sure are seeing a lot of them.
Art Blomquist said…
Yeoman, it's gotta be that the rain is driving them out of dens. Fortunately the only snakes around here are Garter snakes.
Yeoman said…
You don't have rattlers that far north?
Art Blomquist said…
No rattlers, they stop a couple of hundred klicks South and East of us. The Okanagan valley is crawling with them - a fact the local tourist board wouldn't want you to know... an ex Mayor said they could pile every rattler anyone found on his front lawn - something he quickly regretted..

Popular posts from this blog

How Much Wood

We've Sprung a Leak

I'm Back!