Shovel Sixteen Tons and What Do You Get?

Well, twenty cubic yards anyway. About two yards or so per load.

Hopefully I won't have to spread it by hand. Yesterday I got a phone call and an offer of twenty yards of crushed gravel, a truck and a dumping trailer to haul it. Woo Hoo! It will certainly be nice, come the Spring melt, not to have to slog through mud at our entrance. There should be enough to cover the entire front yard. Great upgrade. The trick is that I have to get the Skid steer running. It crapped out yesterday, just after we changed from the bucket to forks. Just before we got the phone call and offer of free crushed gravel. I think it's an electrical problem so I will need to call in the electrician. Wait, I are one. It looks like it's going to snow again so I have a certain impetus to get it done soon. Hence the short post.

On the Garden shed front, progress is being made.

Windows are in, wall covering on, some trim has been applied, shelves built and tools put away. The door is still in the shop getting sanded, painted and cut for a large window. Seeing it's a South facing door I might as well get as much solar gain as I can.

Hope you weekend is restive. Which rhymes with festive, which reminds me of ...well don't get me going..

Comments

Carol Browne said…
...an offer of twenty yards of crushed gravel, a truck and a dumping trailer to haul it.

Only you would get such an offer! Ha! Happy dump trucking!
Cathy L said…
Wow that photo of your hill is fabulous, Art

Popular posts from this blog

How Much Wood

We've Sprung a Leak

I'm Back!