No Show on the Grader

So were waiting for the grader to come yesterday and I get a phone call from the local YRB manager informing me that they won't be doing our driveway any more. It's just to hard on the operators and the branches from the trees hit the cab.

J.E.E.Z.

The local guy ( see previous post) had cleared everything but the top most part where it drifts and he's just driving a pick up truck with no chains. The grader has done it several times before when the snow was totally worse - but now: No grader. To Hard for the grader guy. CRAP.

I am glad I have some people helping me or we would really be in a bad way. My Brother Tiny has got some chains for the Skid Steer but they won't be in for another week. And then he will have to deliver them by ski-do.

Until then ration the toilet paper. Keep the fire burning and use powdered milk for the porridge. I guess it could be a lot worse.

It's a beautiful day today. Clear and Sunny but colder than a Witch's nose. -28, so no playing with the skid steer. Wind chill is a killer

Great day for computing. I have been having a lot of trouble with some drives. I think something weird or even nefarious is going on with them. So am backing everything up and then going to format the drives. I am getting better at backing up my data to hard drives but I need to get an offsite backup updated. Now I just keep backup CD's at my brother Tom's place. I would like to get a LAN connection out to one of the sheds. But not sure how these machines would stand up to the colder temperatures. But consider that getting rid of heat is the main task of the overclocking crowd and it probably wouldn't be a concern.

Also realized that I need to get a DVD burner as all I have are the CD types. When it warms up a bit and I can get out of here I may make a trip to Prince George to the Big boxes to see if they have anything I can use. Read Cheap. Don't need no stinkin
Dual Core.

I've come to realize that today, computers are the sport cars of yesteryear. When guys get together we talk MHZ Gigabits Hardrives just like we use to talk about RPM's
cubic inches, and horse power.

I just need a hoe. In the traditonal sense as in gardening.

Comments

Viki said…
Why don't you like dual core? I thought they were the next most amazing invention since penicillin!
Anonymous said…
Since I am in the market for some dual core action for myself, I think we can work something out for my old machine if you are interested, including the DVD burner. It needs another stick of RAM since it only has 512MB, but that is no biggy.

Kev.

Popular posts from this blog

How Much Wood

We've Sprung a Leak

I'm Back!