Something on My Mind

Decided to get something off of my mind.

The barber insisted on a signed release form from my significant other...

A friend of mine was despondent over losing her hair due to some Chemo Therapy. For some reason she laughed when she saw me. I don't know why..

And now I have to deal with zero degree July weather. Wearing a toque in July. Who'd a thought. Jeez if it ever gets hot we are going to evaporate..


Just got back from a quick trip to the Coast. A friend of mine passed away and I went to his service. A fellow I met on my first day on the job was there. He was 90 years old and still sharp as a tack. Found out about it at 5 a.m. and by 5 p.m. I was at the coast a thousand kilometers away..

I drove back yesterday, leaving the coast at 3 a.m. to beat construction on the highways, and when I got home Jo-Ann jumped in the car to make a quick trip to town. I got the call that the car was broken down by the side of the road. Turned out to be a broken fan belt. Glad that didn't happen in the Fraser Canyon.

While I was at the Coast I painted the bedroom my grand daughter is going to use. That was fun.

Laid linoleum in the Green House in prep for the growing beds. Exhausting work. The temperature had soared to 24C.
I have all the trim done. It was salvaged barnwood that I put a coat of stain on and a couple of coats of clear. There is also the same stuff around the floor but wasn't on when this pic was snapped.

Xena thinks the floor is way cushy for napping.l

Today some friends are dropping by to celebrate my big 60th. We're hoping for some sunshine. Hope there is sunshine in your life today!

Comments

Happy 60th Art !!! And I LOVE your new head style. What a wonderful thing to do and I must admit, I laughed out loud when I saw you too. Hope your birthday was fantastic.
Carol Browne said…
I love your new hair do. Mike told me you shaved it bald. You're all ready for summer in Endako. When will that be?

Also, baby grand daughter? YAY! Congratulations, Art!
ablom said…
Summer, yes. Were sitting here this morning keeping warm in front of the wood heater. Wearing a toque in July the middle of. Yikers. When I was at the Coast I painted my Granddaughter to be's bedroom. What fun.

Popular posts from this blog

How Much Wood

We've Sprung a Leak

I'm Back!