Bending Iron

As usual my estimating skills need a lot of improvement. It took me all day to get the ground leveled and the rebar and wire mesh in place. I sprinkled water on the gravel and then packed it for about an hour.

Then the plastic went down. Of course the side walk superintendents were in attendance.

Xena:( to Boose) " Your sure your going to like to sleep on this plasticy stuff? I get to sleep on the big bed.."

Jo took pity on my groaning and decided to give me a hand bending iron and cutting tie wires, and answering the question" what did I do with the sledge hammer?"

Finally we got to sit back and admire the handiwork. We are a couple of pieces of rebar short and will pick some up today to complete tieing the mesh to the rebar and finish the apron at the door way.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are sure making progress on the shop. You could build a bomb shelter under that floor. What is the spacing of your rebar, 1ft? Mesh with fibre concrete. Holy Fort Knox. That is better than raised parkades.

Popular posts from this blog

How Much Wood

I'm Back!

We've Sprung a Leak