The Chicken Dance

Lately going out to feed and water the chickens has turned out to be a bit of an adventure. I remember my dad telling me tales of Saskatchewan prairie life where ropes were strung between the house and the barn to prevent people inadvertently wandering off in a snow storm. Not so bad here - I have Xena who really seems to like the cold:

Heres a pic of a few days ago when we managed to finally remove the living room fire place. My brother, Tiny, suggested using it as an outdoor fire place. I think we'll go with that idea somewhere out near the re-tired garden and the pond. Stay tuned 'till summer for the pond project.

Today is going to be "plow a road to Savory day." A test of the refurbished skid steer. It's still snowing but I don't want the drifts to get much higher than four feet or I will have to use the Cat.

But first a fortifying bowl of porridge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Much Wood

I'm Back!

We've Sprung a Leak